First of all, thanks to everyone for participating and sharing in my good news! I received some AMAZING entries and it was really difficult to pick a top three out of the bunch!
Without further ado… the winners are:
- Lauren Barrett, who had a killer query and first 150 in her entry “Cursebreaker,” a Fantasy Humor YA
- Katie Teller, for her fantastic query and first 150 that pulls you right into the story of “Deceptive Cadence,” a YA contemporary
- Krystal Marquis, for her suspense-ridden first 150 in ”The Thirteenth Subject,” a YA science fiction
Wait… but there’s more!
Because part of their entries was so good, I’ve chosen ALTERNATES!
Please help me congratulate…
- Brian Taylor, for his Adult Horror vampire/angel Garden of Eden story “KEY TO EDEN”
- Mara Mallins, for her beautiful writing in her entry “The Void and Vengeance; The Reaper of Justice,” a Fantasy
If I didn’t pick your entry, it is NOT because you don’t have a good idea, story, pitch, ect. Please don’t get discouraged. You have something to offer the writing world and you should never give up if this is your dream. So…
NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP.